Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wympee's-Breakfast Edition!!!

I've been a long-time fan of Yummy! Burger on 3rd. Street. I have avoided Wympee's, http://tinyurl.com/nfg5wh out of loyalty to Yummy! Burger. Well, I was meeting someone for breakfast at Yummy! Burger and they were closed until 10:00 so betrayal happened. Sometimes when you can't find something . . . you walk across the street . . . . and check out the menu.

Wympee's has been around since 1938 and a nice story about it was in the DDN, http://tinyurl.com/lqka8n a little while back. But, to be honest, Wympee's was disappointing. The decor was lotto tickets, the background noise was The Price is Right, and the menu didn't have anything on it that sounded that appealing.

This being breakfast, I had an omelet and my friend had biscuits and gravy. The omelet was almost burnt and the biscuits and gravy lacked a meat taste and was too salty. I wasn't expecting great but it wasn't even good.

I'll stick with Yummy! Burger. Betrayal doesn't taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.